Director/Associate Director of Pharmacology
Job ID: 1810RAD
Email resumes to: moc.o1541638410iprea1541638410@sree1541638410rac1541638410
Aerpio Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Cincinnati-based biopharmaceutical company, is actively recruiting a highly capable, knowledgeable and collaborative Director/Associate Director of Pharmacology to lead preclinical pharmacology activities. This newly-created position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer and will be based in Cincinnati.
The Company is developing multiple preclinical and clinical-stage compounds (small molecules and biologics), and the Director will oversee and drive all internal in vitro pharmacology activities to support compound progression. The Director will also be responsible for interfacing with external collaborators and CROs for both in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies. Candidates for this position will have expertise in biochemistry and molecular biology and be experienced with in vitro pharmacology in all phases of the drug discovery process. Demonstration of scientific rigor and success in quantitative data generation and analysis, the ability to think creatively and solve problems, and outstanding management skills, are must-haves for this position.
- Validation and execution of in vitro assays, and development and characterization of new assays to support small molecule and biologics development programs
- Oversight of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies at academic collaborators and third-party contract research organizations (CROs)
- Management of Aerpio Laboratory resources and inventory
- Relevant degree (i.e. BA, MS and/or PhD in biological or related sciences, depending on experience)
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Expertise in small molecule and biologics characterization using in vitro assays including protein binding/interaction, western blots (including IP/western), ELISA, cell based functional/signaling assays.
- Expertise in in vitro study design and analysis, in particular techniques for biochemical assays
- Strong knowledge across a broad range of biochemical assay technologies and instrumentation applicable to drug discovery
- Excellent communication and excellent record keeping skills
- Familiarity with endothelial/vascular biology
- Experience with in vitro binding assays and enzyme kinetics
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical setting
- Salary, benefits and performance bonus commensurate with education and experience
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
- Francis of Assisi
We plan to revolutionize the treatment of diabetic eye disease, by treating earlier stage disease and providing a treatment option to patients that currently have none. An audacious goal, no doubt, but at Aerpio we believe the right people, with the right attitude, united for a common purpose can achieve anything.
Send us your CV if you think you're one of these people.